Request for Proposals for a Process Evaluation of the Community Navigator Program
Posted in: News, Past Opportunities
Posted on November 21, 2019
The New York County District Attorney’s Office (DANY) is requesting proposals for a process evaluation of the Community Navigators Program.
Hunter College is currently implementing the Community Navigator Program. Navigators connect individuals to the resources and services they need to improve their well-being and to prevent undesired outcomes, including criminal justice involvement and victimization. The investment is part of DANY’s efforts to improve support for young people and families.
Applicants should propose a process evaluation approach that is flexible and can adapt to changes to the Navigator program model. It is expected that the evaluator will work closely with the program, providing regular information and iterative feedback on challenges and successes. The primary goals of the process evaluation are to understand how the Navigator program is implemented, including the process of establishing the program itself (e.g., training/curriculum for Navigators) as well as key components of the program (e.g., interactions between Navigators and clients); how/why specific program design decisions are made; specific factors that affect program implementation, such as referring social service organizations’ size, experience, and culture; an assessment of the different approaches by which clients are connected to Navigators; whether the Navigators successfully connect clients to services (e.g., mental health treatment, workforce development) and whether this practice varies by Navigator approach; and lessons learned and recommendations for future implementation of the program model.
This solicitation reflects DANY’s broad commitment to data-driven decision-making and to informing the research and practice field in New York and more widely.
DANY anticipates awarding up to one contract, with total funding up to $200,000 over a contract period up to 1.5 years, for evaluation of the program.
- DOWNLOAD: REVISED CJII RFP for a process evaluation of the Community Navigator Program
- DOWNLOAD: Summary of Revisions to CJII RFP for a process evaluation of the Community Navigator Program
- DOWNLOAD: Question-and-Answer Addendum for CJII RFP for a process evaluation of the Community Navigator Program
- The deadline to submit questions about this RFP is Monday, December 9, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Questions must be submitted through the CJII application portal at https://cuny-islg.fluidreview.com/.
- The deadline to submit proposals is Friday, January 17, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Proposals must be submitted through the CJII application portal at https://cuny-islg.fluidreview.com/.
ISLG is the technical assistance consultant to the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office for CJII. ISLG provides input to DANY, manages and provides guidance to the grantees funded under CJII, and conducts oversight and performance measurement throughout the lifetime of the initiative. All funds are administered through the Research Foundation of CUNY (Research Foundation).