Court-Based Navigators Program
Posted in: Past Opportunities
Posted on May 3, 2023
The District Attorney of New York County (DANY) is seeking proposals for an initiative to develop a Court-based Navigators program at Manhattan Criminal Court. These navigators will focus on building trusted relationships with individuals arraigned in Manhattan and released to the community, and ultimately connecting them with voluntary services. This program aims to:
- Engage individuals at Manhattan Criminal Court arraignments by providing person-centered peer support for those who are released back to the community;
- Provide peer support including navigation and connection to responsive community-based supports based on assessed needs;
- Create partnerships and coordinated care systems with other service providers and local government agencies to foster seamless referrals and service delivery in line with best practices.
The Court-Based Navigator program will be rooted in principles of peer mentoring models, rapid engagement, system navigation, and other evidence-based practices. The program will enhance public safety by increasing outreach and engagement with individuals at an early intercept of the criminal justice system by rapidly engaging individuals at arraignments to meet participants’ immediate needs and continue to serve directly in their communities to address longer-term underlying needs. Court-Based Navigators will also work to provide warm handoffs to community-based navigators and/or providers, as needed. Services may include emergency assistance (i.e., food and clothing assistance), or connection to more comprehensive wraparound social services including behavioral health treatment, supportive housing, economic empowerment, and other services tailored to the individual needs of the participant.
- CJII Court-Based Navigators RFP
- CJII Court-Based Navigators RFP – Addendum 1
- CJII Court-Based Navigators RFP – Addendum 2 (Revision + Q&A)
- Doing Business Data Form – Appendix I
- General Provisions – Appendix J
- Contract Template – Appendix L
- MacBride Principles Provisions Rider – Appendix M
Proposals for this RFP will be are due by Friday, June 9th, 2023, at 11:59 pm EST.
- The deadline to submit questions about this RFP is Monday, May 15th, 2023, at 11:59 pm EST.
- Answers to all questions will be available as an addendum to this RFP and posted on the CJII website on or about May 22nd, 2023. It will be the responsibility of proposers to remain up to date regarding all addenda issued for the current RFP.
Also available on CityRecord: https://a856-cityrecord.nyc.gov/RequestDetail/20230426113
The District Attorney of New York County (DANY) is investing $250 million through its Criminal Justice Investment Initiative (CJII) to support impactful projects that aim to improve public safety and promote a fair and efficient criminal justice system in New York City.
DANY will manage the solicitation and contracting process and providing guidance to award recipients and oversight and performance measurement throughout the lifetime of the initiative. Funds awarded through the Research Foundation of the City University of New York (Research Foundation)