Gun Violence Prevention Initiative
Posted in: Current Opportunities
Posted on April 21, 2023
The District Attorney of New York County (DANY) is seeking proposals for a Summer 2023 Gun Violence Prevention Initiative.
To respond to the gun violence crisis facing New York City during the summer, when gun violence historically spikes, the Gun Violence Prevention Initiative seeks to provide community-based organizations with additional funds and capacity to work within the Manhattan communities most impacted by gun violence. DANY will award $20,000 microgrants to help community-based organizations (CBOs) build positive connections and provide pro-social programming for youth ages 14-26 in targeted Manhattan areas in an effort to prevent violence and make the community safer.
DANY will award $20,000 to up to 10 local organizations who specifically focus on gun violence prevention and who operate in and/or can demonstrate the ability to identify and successfully engage young people at risk of gun violence in one or more of the following focus areas: the 23rd, 25th, 28th and the 32nd precincts in Harlem; the 34th precinct in Washington Heights/ Inwood; PSA 6 in the 24th (Upper West Side) and 26th (West Harlem) precincts; and PSA 4 which includes the 5th, 7th and 9th precincts on the Lower East Side.
- CJII Gun Violence Prevention Initiative RFP
- CJII Gun Violence Prevention Initiative – Addendum 1
- CJII Gun Violence Prevention Initiative – Addendum 2
- CJII Gun Violence Prevention Initiative – Addendum 3
- Budget Template – Attachment A
- Doing Business Data Form – Attachment B
- Tax affirmation page – Attachment C
- Iran Divestment Certification – Attachment D
- MacBride Principles Provisions Rider – Attachment E
Proposals for this RFP are due by Tuesday, May 23rd, at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- The deadline to submit questions about this RFP are due Tuesday, May 16th, 2023, by 3:00 p.m. EST.
- Answers to all questions will be available as an addendum to this RFP posted on the CJII website. It will be the responsibility of proposers to remain up-to-date regarding all addenda issued for the current RFP.
Anticipated Award Announcement: June 2023
Anticipated Contract Dates: July 15th– October 15th, 2023
The District Attorney of New York County (DANY) is investing $250 million through its Criminal Justice Investment Initiative (CJII) to support impactful projects that aim to improve public safety and promote a fair and efficient criminal justice system in New York City.
DANY will manage the solicitation and contracting process and providing guidance to award recipients and oversight and performance measurement throughout the lifetime of the initiative. Funds awarded through the Research Foundation of the City University of New York (Research Foundation).